The SAC Alumni Association will assist all alumni, special interest groups, students of SAC, other non profit organizations, and community causes, host various events and reunions.
If you are interested in planning a reunion, the Alumni Association will work with you and your committee to provide the support and tools necessary to make for a successful event.
Your Reunion Committee: The Key to a Successful Reunion
A reunion committee of at least 4 members should be established to assist with planning reunion events and to recruit fellow classmates to attend them. The length of commitment by committee members depends on when reunion events take place, but it is recommended that members commit to the full planning process which should range anywhere from 6 months to one year out from the reunion date.
Reunion Committee Responsibilities:
- Research, organize, and implement events for the reunion
- Recruit and work with a committee of at least 3 other volunteers
- Act as a liaison to the SAC Alumni Association
- Engage additional volunteers to assist with event planning and coordination
- Maintain regular contact with your Alumni staff liaison and the Alumni Association
- Work with the Alumni liaison to ensure the best possible publicity and promotion for the event 8 to 10 weeks prior to the event
- Support the mission of the Alumni Association
Alumni Association Reunion Services:
Advisory Services: An Alumni liaison is assigned to serve in an advisory capacity for reunion events. As the reunion host, you will have at least one member assigned to work with you.
Budget: All reunions are planned as zero budget events. Your Alumni liaison will help to build a budget for your reunion activities and work with you to establish a price point for reunion participation.
Mailers: Save-the-date reminders or invitations (as provided by reunion host) with all necessary information will go out to prospective attendees for your reunion. Reunion committee volunteers will need to work with your alumni liaison to provide the information for the invitation and to proofread it before mailing.
Online Registration: Your class will have a listing on the website with a link directing interested persons to your registration site with details about the event and a list of committee members.
Email Blasts: A save-the-date email invitation and reminder emails will be sent on your behalf to our online alumni community.